Houzz Logo Print
webuser_403132598

Help with floor plan design for renovation

HU-403132598
3 months ago

We purchased our first home early 2023 in a prime suburban location in Newcastle. Big north to rear block but flow of the house is poor, hasn't been well maintained and definitely needs some TLC.
We currently have 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 2 living spaces on a generous block (North to rear) and we're looking to maintain this + add an ensuite. Our plan was to knockdown the old shed and garage currently behind the house and extend to the rear to create a spacious and open plan kitchen/living/dining
We have engaged an architect on the design and I'd love to get some different perspectives to take into the next meeting as their first draft and what I had envisioned is quite different - basically love the open plan space to the rear but not the reconfigured existing space.
I'm listening to Undercover Architect and trying to read and learn as much as I can but a bit stuck on 1. what we could do with our front facade to improve it and 2. how best to reconfigure the existing floorplan to be functional but also as cost effective as possible

Comments (10)