Houzz Logo Print
fchampion

Need help styling a long dark narrow hallway

Fiona Champion
10 years ago
My front entrance foyer turns left into this long hallway. My husband does not want me to use a console as the previous one seemed to take up too much space. I want to hang wall decor and need help deciding best placement. The long wall on the right is 7 metres or 23 feet. The wall on the left is shortened by two doors to a bathroom and bedroom followed by a linen cupboard, and measures 4.5 metres or 15 feet. The hall is only one metre wide or 3'5". Previously I selected two matching runners rather than a single long runner in the hope of breaking up the space but two recent visitors have commented that it would be better with a single. What do Houzzers think? I have four matching black framed pictures to hang each measuring about 24"x24". I also have a pair of larger black framed artworks about 26" x 34" that could be considered and a collection of small black framed oils in mismatched sizes. I don't necessarily want to hang all of these pieces in this hall but that is what I have to select from. I would also consider a mirror or objects if anyone had suggestions. Thanks Houzzers!

Comments (2)