Houzz Logo Print
mountainfreak4465

Need design help with exposed brick.

mountainfreak4465
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
I'm remodeling a turn of the century Denver victorian that was on it's deathbed. I've exposed a couple of the brick walls to give it that lofty industrial feel to it. I'm also running new exposed spiral ductwork for the same effect. Because of preexisting foundation issues(which I've fixed) my floors are pretty uneven. I've got a lot of #3 Red Oak hardwoods I want to run throughout the downstairs and stairs leading up to the second floor. My Hardwood guys are telling me to keep it it's natural color to hide the fluctuations in the floor.

So here's my question. I really like the chrome look of the exposed ductwork and natural steel color in my hand rail. Do you think I should paint the steel and ductwork maybe a brown color for contrast or leave them as pictured?

Sorry, i thought i had a better picture of the ductwork. The part above the door have a soffit and then be exposed. But at least you get a picture of the brick, rail, and duct. Just imagine a notty very light hardwood floor. Thanks.

Comments (21)