Houzz Logo Print
gloryzoey

Need help with NYC Studio Apt!

Glory Crampton
9 years ago

Hello, I am challenged with space, but luckily have one wall of all windows and tons of sunlight. I want it to look like a stunning uncluttered living room, but not sure about a sleeper sofa every night? should i get a murphy bed? How would i make it look gorgeous, almost like its not there? where do i place furniture? (Im renting this for one year so trying not to spend too much..) Thank you for any feed back!!

Comments (8)

• Felix Pradas-Bergnes
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

What is the height of the ceiling? Please post a picture of the window wall.

• Glory Crampton
    Original Author
    9 years ago

8ft ceilings,

• miacometlady
    9 years ago
    Have you searched the Internet? Some really fascinating stuff out there for Murphy beds!
  • Glory Crampton
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have, but how would i make to spaces on either side of bed work? i'd get a queen bed, but don't need all the extra shelving on either side...

• Glory Crampton
    Original Author
    9 years ago

this is the previous tenants furniture....

• Miranda Rose
    9 years ago
    No Murphy bed. :) You are not going to want to pull it down every night. I have always thought the best studio apartments didn't look as though they were try to hide the fact that the are studio apartments. The would use your. right back walls for a bed and side tables. Leaving the right, right, walls for a wardrobe! You could use a divider if you really wanted too. I wouldn't,t though. It tends to make the space look smaller. A good option might be a retractable curtain though. Studio apartments have such charm about them, don't they?
    Glory Crampton thanked Miranda Rose
  • PRO
    hCO INTERIORS
    8 years ago

I would suggest putting the bed on the wall all the way to the right near the closets. A small round dining table in the corner near the kitchen. Then on the wall all the way to the left I would put the TV with a sofa facing it. The sofa almost acts as a room divider, especially if you put a sofa table behind it!