Houzz Logo Print
home_economist

Kitchen alterations reasonable without replacing whole lot?

home_economist
8 years ago

We have a QLD Blackwood kitchen. I would like to make it a little wider, change the laminate benches to stone, put in a new larger cooktop, range hood and a 2nd oven. I know of a company here in Sydney which manufactures the doors to match. I have had no luck finding a kitchen renovation company that doesn't just try to convince me to get a new kitchen entirely. Am I being unreasonable? We plan on moving this fridge section back about 80cm and creating a larger pantry where the existing one is. The new 2nd oven is a compact one, to go in the space where the microwave now is. I would also like to remove the dresser style section of overhead cupboards and knock out the wall above the microwave to open the room to the dining room behind.

I like my timber doors and do not want a modern looking, white kitchen. I like traditional, country style. I designed this kitchen myself 16 years ago, and I still like it! What is in fashion is not important to me as we plan on keeping the house for many more years, but as our family has grown to include 4 children, I need more storage and cooking space. Any design advice would be welcome!

Comments (12)