Houzz Logo Print
arabella_williamson

bedroom revamp

i am doing up my bedroom from a old sort of vintage look (baby dresses on the walls, doilies, dark wood furniture, ugly wood sliding doors) to a newer look. At the moment it has 2 single beds, and chest for a bedside table, a chest of drawers, and a desk, the wardrobe is built-in. They are all the same wood tone. I have already got a double sleigh bed, a small queen, but still want my desk (maybe paint it?). I like bright colors like yellow, pink, and especially orange, but a bit of blue would be cool too. I like re-using stuff like making a old blanket a throw, and also the idea of changing at will would be awesome!

I have a few ideas like, hanging paper lanterns, shelves for vases, pictures, etc, lots of colorful pillows...... for my big ugly sliding wardrobe doors, i think a cool mural or picture would be awesome (my dad can print big things and/or on wood).

I think the colors that i like wont work well together and with the wall color (a wall paper cream). My dream doesn't work well with the rest of the house. I dont want clutter but like lots of different color and texture. I have 2 big blank walls. Any ideas? tips?

Comments (2)