Houzz Logo Print
juliechristine

Laundry in the rumpus room

juliechristine
8 years ago

I would appreciate some design help with my laundry which is currently situated behind cupboard doors in the rumpus room. It must stay in its current location. We are planning to put up a wall from the kitchen doorway which would increase the size of the laundry, renovate and then extend this new wall to the end of the rumpus which would cut down on its size (it is a big room) and add a mud room to the other section with a short hallway between the two leading to the back door.

The new door to these rooms would be located about midway along the new wall. Should I paint the rafters white so they blend more seamlessly with the new wall? I quite like them but am concerned the new wall to the ceiling will make the shortened

rafters on the laundry side of the room look like they have been covered over and hence silly.

We can't make the new wall go to the middle of the room which is the centre beam as this would not line up with the kitchen door and would make the new rumpus area too small. There is also the air conditioner to add to the complications. I don't want to resheet the ceiling with plasterboard unless there is no alternative. I would appreciate your ideas. Thank you.

Comments (2)