Houzz Logo Print
3dhc

Need help to pass energy rating urgently

Doug Keogh
8 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

According to my architect and energy consultant, my new house will only every get 4,5 stars with the amount of glass used even if all double glazed. The problem is in the main living area which is 75sqm with 23m of wrap around frameless 15mm low e laminated single glazed glass. This is use to make a total inside / outside feel of this area. I do not want to change this design as it has taken 3yrs to get here and we love it, but with being unable to pass building rules and my people wanting me to ruin this. i may just give up. and sell the block of land. All other windows in house are double glazed and house is heavily insulated, even 130mm stud in walls to up rating. I will have enough solar on roof to be totally of grind if i wanted too. I even have 3 tesla storage batteries coming from USA. Walls down stairs are 300mm core filled double brick to hold living wing and stop racking as high wind load area. Ask me questions if it helps. This is video of window operation so you get the idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgmmXBnTivU P.s This is being built in south australia, climate zone 6 cold climate (my bum) its the night time heat loss they reckon is the problem.

Comments (26)