Houzz Logo Print
mienasiukiewicz

Woodheater Nectre N60

Mie Naza
7 years ago
anyone got a Nectre N60? any good? i loved it but my husband is not convinced by it...

http://www.nectre.com/#!nectre-n60/cfgx

Comments (22)

• User
    7 years ago

Bump.

• Cindy Colwill
    7 years ago

Hi, did you end up getting the Nectre N60?? I'm looking into it as well, I'd love to hear some feedback. Cheers

• Mie Naza
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    no end up a jindara big old wood heater. my husband couldn't be convinced that such a little woodbox can hit up a big area like ours.
  • PRO
    Kirsten Johnstone Architecture
    7 years ago

No help now, but I am putting one into a current project under construction. I cannot wait to see how it performs!

• Rebecca Scott
    7 years ago

How does it perform? I am thinking of putting one in a sleep out in my shed....

• Rebecca Scott
    7 years ago

Although the performance may be academic, given that the Nectre N15 is less than half the price....not quite as good on emissions but better value IMO and similar, possibly slightly smaller, size.

• Kerri Graafmans
    6 years ago
    how much are these heaters?
  • Rebecca Scott
    6 years ago

They are about $3000 - when you can get the Nectre N15 for about $1100. Emissions are quite a bit lower on the N60 than the N15LE. The N50 is obviously the next gen. And it looks very cool. But I'd be paying another $2k for lower emissions and the cool look,so I've decided to go with the (still cute, but more trad) N15. I've had Nectres before that I put into two previous homes, and they are great. You can buy cheaper similar looking combustion stoves made in China (BLAZE brand?) but I think its better quality wise, emissions wise and lower delivery kms to go with the Sth Aust made Nectres. I saw an N15 on gumtree yesterday located about 20kms from me (Macedon Ranges) for $750 but its the older model not the LE.

• bigreader
    6 years ago
    I'm having a wine in front of my log
  • Rebecca Scott
    6 years ago

I ended up getting the square one - the small nectre N15? Its only for a spare room set up out in the shed. I have yet to light it! But it will more than heat the room and it looks OK against a chimney backdrop of recycled old red bricks. Looks pretty cool actually IMO.

• Paul Bettini
    6 years ago

Silas cat, can you please post a photo of the vents inside fire box when you have it turned down completely? Also, do you have a fan in yours? I installed a n60 two years ago and I don't think my vents close up enough and I don't have a fan. Sure, the n60 looks modern and it was the only fire place that would fit the tight clearances I had, but I am very dissatisfied with the performance of it. My house is tiny compared to yours and the heat doesn't even get up the hallway and I also have to light it every morning because it goes out ( I think due to the vents) no matter what kind of seasoned hardwood I burn. I certainly don't recommend them to anyone unfortunately. Anyone else have any idea's on them?

• Donny Shadbolt
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

surely the size of the firebox is the most important. Otherwise you will need to be cutting your wood down to fit.

• Paul Bettini
    6 years ago

Hi Donny. Thats another sour point I found out about the n60 after paying almost five thousand dollars to have it installed. The wood can only be approximately 250-300mm long due to how short the fire box is. I'm sure this has a lot to do with the poor burn time. From memory, I think Nectre claims that the n60 has an 18 hour burn time. I'd love a load of whatever it is that they burn. Someone please post about how great theirs is and what I could be doing wrong as I am totally disappointed with mine.

• Donny Shadbolt
    6 years ago

yes I think that is something people overlook (me included). Its a real pain ordering firewood and having to ask for short lengths. I wouldn't make that mistake again. very important. I agree though the n60 is a nice looking burner. damned expensive though.

• Silas Cat
    6 years ago

I'll take a pic in the morning. Maybe the wood in my area is cut shorter, but I haven't had an issue with log size. I do prefer multiple smaller logs on at the beginning to pump the heat and get it going before I put on a couple of large ones to burn slower. The coals glow beautifully and burn to nothing. This is how I start it up with the multiple smaller bits before putting the big ones on.

• HU-225057373
    5 years ago

very disappointing.Nectre claim a burn time of 8-10 hours .we have purchased dry,seasoned firewood from 2 separate dealers and max burn time ever was 6-7 hours meaning you need to get up during the night to feed it or have to relight in the morning.having to trim 25-50 mm of commercially bought firewood is ridiculous and obviously impossible for a homeowner without a chainsaw or bench saw.Nectre have admitted they use larger than recommended wood ,but that would void warranty.we replaced a 12yo old nectre when we refurbished-worse mistake i ever made-a $5000 dollar mistake......

• HU-637070489
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I have had one for a year up on the mid coast of NSW. What I found was that because of the clean burn effect the air flow leaver only closes partly shut so that it burns wood at a greater rate when closed. I had another 6mm machined out of the slot that is part of the handle dampener plate. This has made a lot of difference as in the wood burns a lot slower also and lasts overnight, so i will use only half the amount I went through last winter and keep the heat in the unit. But overall they are great and I would buy one again. The other bonus is that they fit into a corner works for me. John C

• Jackee
    4 years ago

We've had our Nectar N60 for 3 years and couldn't be happier with it. It warms our open plan living area very well and doesn't take up as much room as some wood heaters. Paid $3,500 including glass hearth and an extra $500 to get it installed in 2016.

• christosd
    4 years ago

Im about to get one this week. Jackee, did your cost include the flue kit? If so, Id love to know who the installer was.

Christos

• Seth Burbury
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Had ours for a month. No problem heating 200m2 home. Glass stays clean. I can't get near it when it's cranking. I can see how it's so efficient. With large logs, I let it burn down to hot embers, then throw a new log in upright(350-400mm max). I will be forgoing the smart emission figures by doing the dampener screw slot widening like John C.

• geertje dP
    2 years ago

Can I get more info on the Nectre L 15 please? I'm looking at buying one for a small cabin.