Houzz Logo Print
diana_moballe_neill

Exterior in urgent need of a modern facelift.

We are in the early stages of designing the exterior of our home wanting to give it a modern facelift.

Our home is located on The Esplanade with stunning views of the Broad water on the Gold Coast. The outside of the home looks dated and tired, with the previous owners closing in the upstairs balcony, creating more living space but removing access to going outside unless you are on the ground level.

Our main living area is upstairs, where we wish to add a good size balcony to take extend our living space and take advantage of all the views and our beautiful weather. The block is thin and long located on a corner. The side of the house is very plain and will need some attention as well to make sure it blends in with the new design.

To get started in trying to work out what would look good, I overlaid on top of our existing home a image of a home that took my eye. I had to crop off most of the image as it was too large for our block. Just not sure for such a thin block if this type of design would end up looking too chunky and possibly date quickly.

(since this photo was taken, the 3 houses you can see have all had major renovations, the red roof one was a total knock down and 3 story rebuild. Looks amazing. Makes ours look more outdated and tired)

NOW...

Image overlay ....

Comments (10)