Houzz Logo Print
mbishop38

Design for leaving house to a pool deck decision

mbishop38
7 years ago

We are in the middle of building a pool and are discussing our options for the deck off the back of our house. We've had a few hiccups which forced a revisit to our original design. Looking for any opinions from you.
We have decided to install brushed concrete as our pool coping, at least 3-4 feet around the pool. The problem area is walking out of our house. To the left, there is a retaining wall in an arc coming off the house (pictured below) and on the right, the house bumps out.

We have a few new ideas for exit of the back of the house slider (9 foot slider):

- (not pictured) raised composite deck with six inch step to pool deck. I like the division of height, and the color variance between pool deck and the patio to add interest.

- paver patio, opening to the brushed concrete pool deck. I find the entrance to the from pavers to the pool deck awkward.

Perhaps extending the pavers around the pool deck and behind the house more would look better?

- oh, and I guess we could do it all brushed concrete as well. That feels like a lot of concrete.

Interested to hear your ideas/thoughts.

Comments (3)