Houzz Logo Print
sofisct

White Kitchen - Splashback and Benchtop Colour

Sofia C
7 years ago

Hi there,

We have decided to go for a white modern kitchen. However, I'm worried that it will end up looking too clinical, so would like to get your opinion on it.

We have decided we'll go ahead with Quantum Quartz stone for both the splashback and the benchtop, our original pick is White Swirl. We are budget conscious and are trying to stick to the standard or deluxe ranges and avoid the designer range or natural quartz ranges (husband also doesn't like the marbly looking natural quartz range). At this stage we are very locked in with Quantum Quartz - Caesarstone is more expensive and other engineered stones not too sure about, so have ruled out.

We are also not keen on the mirror splashback, and do prefer stone over the glass splashback.

We have already selected a wooden looking tile showcased below in the colour scheme picture. In this picture you can see the wooden floor tile, the white poluriethane for cupboards and the white swirl sample.

The kitchen will be spanning along a 5 m wall - I've also attached the kitchen area pictures to help visualise.

Two alternatives I've come up with:

Option 1

Darker splashback, such as ash grey - but I'm a bit nervous that it may be to dark. Will it look ok having a darker splashback contrasting with a white benchtop? I don't think I want to have a darker benchtop.

Option 2

Leaving the benchtop and splashback on White Swirl, and painting the wall where the door is, as well as the side wall with the window a slightly different colour to break the whiteness of it. When I say a slightly different colour I'm thinking not white, but a very light gray or very light brown tone - keeping the kitchen still with natural tones. If you think this would be a good idea, could you please suggest paint colours?

Would love to hear your thoughts and help this decision paralysis :) Thanks in advance!

Desired Look - It's white but still has character and doesn't look to clinical to me.

Undesired Look - too white and clinical

Colour scheme - Wooden floor tile, white polyurethane cabinet and White Swirl benchtop.

Comments (7)