Houzz Logo Print
ritevibe

Carrera bench top arrived chipped. Is this normal??

ritevibe
7 years ago

So my new bathroom bench tops arrived 2 weeks ago, and they had a few indentations or 'chips' in them. I originally wanted them polished but was talked out of that, and assured honed was a better way to go. I noticed these imperfections the next day in better light. I was told that all it needed was a service call from the stonemason company, and they would buff and fix it all on site. I didn't stress and accepted that story. They came a few days later and did something, I'm assuming they filled the small pockets. However the following day after it had dried properly...those small dents were still present, and the stone isn't looking gleaming new & has acid etching already! I called them again, and they came a 2nd time to try to fix it. Its now looking 60% better i'll admit....but i still see the some chips & imperfection and I'm not happy. Is this normal with Carrera stone? My expectation is to see a smooth gorgeous new slab of stone upon delivery and installation...with No Indentations or Chipping. What should i do?? They say its normal and sometimes this happens as its a natural stone. Really?? As a consumer I'm not feeling this is acceptable or reasonable. Any suggestions appreciated...thanks!

Comments (5)