Houzz Logo Print
60shomereno

When a tradie does the wrong thing!?

60shomereno
7 years ago

Hi everyone!

I I love this forum and have gained lots of great tips and advice. I have a difficult question to ask.

I have a beautiful old house with lovely pale cream brickwork. It's a classic style home built in 1960.

Since it is so old we decided to get the roof repaired and sealed before this winter as a few tiles were cracked and we had the extra money this year.

The tradies came and begun fixing the roof. They replaced the ridge caps but have done a terrible job! So bad I can see lumps of concrete all over the roof!

But that is only the beginning, the worst part is that they have sprayed my beautiful large cream brick chimney black, the same colour as the roof!!!!

I am absolutely devastated and I don't know what to do! I told them before they begun not to get any on the chimney, but the whole thing is black now and they've told me that type of paint can't be removed.

What can I do here? The chimney is a significant feature of the home and it looks absolutely stupid! Do I tell them they have to repair it? I'm so upset and so lost with what to do now! My beautiful old house looks really bad now!

All of your suggestions are much appreciated! Thank you

Comments (3)