Houzz Logo Print
chris_pozzi

Refresh 1960s front of house

Jay Pozzi
7 years ago

We've bought a 1969 brick veneer house in suburban Canberra. It needs a lot of love (sadly maintenance was not a priority for the previous owners), but I would like to keep the original 1960s style. We are having the roof restored, asbestos eaves replaced, and possibly changing the windows to be double glazed. I'm looking for suggestions for colour schemes for the roof, eaves, gutters, downpipes etc. The patio roof is off white with olive green stripes.

Please don't suggest rendering the bricks or anything drastic like that - I LIKE the original style!

We are probably going to change the front porch to add steps straight down the front from the front door, and remove the steps to the driveway (the steps have concrete cancer, so need to be removed anyway). We will reuse the original stair rail on the new stairs, and have one made to match for the other side.

Also, suggestions for gate styles for the driveway would be appreciated. We are planning to extend the carport to the front of the house, but we would like a gate to stop our kids from going out onto the road.

Comments (16)