Houzz Logo Print
tracy_leeanne

Protection from rain at front of house

Leeanne L
7 years ago
We have just bought a house which has no rain protection either at the front door or over the upstairs balcony. This will be our first winter in this house and as we have just replaced all the flooring we would really like to protect it. (The original flooring in the balcony room was rotted near the door from being damp). The house is a 1976 Spanish style red brick. I would really like any changes to the facade to make it look less Spanish and more modern. (We won't be rendering as the house sits prominently on a corner and there is too much that would need to be done. ) does anyone have any suggestions for sheltering the doors? I have so far looked into pergolas which are expensive but also I am not sure how pergolas would look aesthetically out the front. Was thinking those kind of stuck on the wall curved awnings also but I'm not sure if they will be deep enough to have much effect . Would appreciate your suggestions. I am in SA (downpipes have just been replaced and will be painted !! Still a lot of work
to be done).

Comments (4)