Houzz Logo Print
zaffa

Cavity slider flush pulls... one side of door or both??

zaffa
7 years ago
Hi there, we have 5 flush cavity slider doors in our new build - one in butlers pantry, double doors in dry room, one 1200 door in study, one in ensuite. The cavity doors go right into the wall and stay flush with the door jamb. We will have flush edge pulls so the door can be pulled out from the cavity and we will also have flush pulls that go on the front face of the doors so it can be pulled across to shut the door. Our house in modern and minimalist. Doors are flush panel and will be 2pac painted. My question is regarding the flush pulls - should I have one on either side of the door or just the face that will be pulled across to close. For example, the butlers pantry and dry room will only require one side as it's unlikely that somebody would be in there whilst the door is closed and need to pull it across to open. If they do, they can just use their hand (no pull) to slide the door across. I'm interested to hear your ideas about the study and ensuite - flush pulls on the inside of the room only or on both sides of the door? Want to retain clean lines with the door but also want to be practical. Thanks!

Comments (14)