Houzz Logo Print
lisainmelbourne

Feedback on internal paint please

Lisa
6 years ago
I'd really appreciate any feedback others can offer. I've never been involved in an internal paint & in the last 2 weeks I've had my 3 bed, 1 bath house painted incl. all door & window frames originally mission brown. I obtained a quote of 15 days (incl hours & hourly rate) & used a man who'd done external painting for me recently & has done lots of jobs in my area. Painter recommended I vacate house for a few days as I'm unwell, which I did. Staying locally, came back to pick something up 1st night & noticed not much progress, the same with day 2 & 3. Painter was doing 4-5 hour days (as my accommodation was local so I passed the house a lot) & I could see no way the job would be completed in 3 weeks. By start of day 4, decided to cut my losses & arrived to ask him not to paint ceilings, inside cupboards and anything else he could think of to reduce remainder of work. I said 3 weeks of staying out of the house for me & my dogs with an illnesses was too difficult. He agreed & drew up a new work schedule outlining how he would easily complete the job in the next 5 days including walls, doors, skirting etc with time left over. We both agreed on this & I continued vacating the house by 8 each morning allowing him every chance to get the job done. Still he was extremely slow with only walls done in 4 days. 1st thing Friday (the finish day we both agreed on in writing) I waited for him, as I had a list of a few things I needed completed that day. Turns out he was determined to return a 3rd week or more to finish, but I said it wouldn't be possible & was adamant. I asked him to please leave me a breakdown of his hours & cost of stock used (which he didn't do, plus no paint left for me) but he left a note saying after his work on that day, he will have to come back & redo most of the skirting as he managed to get loose carpet fibre all through the paint & that he'll see me when he comes back to finish the work...The reason there was loose carpet fibre around is he insisted on cutting all the carpet away from the skirting to allow him to do a great job when painting it. I was replacing it anyway, so agreed.
I'm including some photos of his work in comments, to me it looks very poor (big drips of paint running off every window frame, not painting on wall above air conditioner, painting over hair & fibres on walls & skirting, painting over the side of 1 set of window frames

Comments (8)