Houzz Logo Print
megandommer

Stair runner help

Megan Dommer
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everyone - I need help with picking a stair runner. I recently bought my first house. I owned next to no furniture before I moved in so everything but my bedroom set was basically given to me. And none of it is really my style. I thought it would be great, buying me time to find stuff I loved...instead, I learned it's *really* hard to pick a theme when you have no piece to start with.

The only reason I'm finally forcing myself to pick a runner is because my dog is too nervous on bare steps to go up/down them. I have an idea book of runners, but honestly I'm up for anything as long as it looks good. Also, I'm not sure if I should continue it into the upstairs hallway? The wall is navy, by the way, in case it's not clear in the pics. Sherwin Williams Naval, specifically.

I can upload a pic of the living room - which is where the stairs start - but I have no interest in matching the furniture and the wood floor is the same throughout the house. The wall color is March Wind (light grey/blue you can see in the first pic).

(And if anyone has any, I'd love ideas on how to decorate that wall going upstairs)

Comments (17)