Houzz Logo Print
mathomebuilder

Ducted Vacuum systems- Hide-a-Hose v Doc-it v Flexin - advice

mat home builder
5 years ago

Hi,

Looking to install a ducted vacuum system in new build. Have researched Hide a Hose extensively and is great but am concerned about the length of pipe runs needed to hold the hose. Could be an issue. Has anyone installed one and have any tips/advice?

Competitors seem to be non existent in Australia (??). I have found the following online but cannot see any way to buy in Sydney ( or anywhere in oz for that matter) - can anybody correct me?

Doc-it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUfCP1u10IE

Flex-in : https://en.sistemair.it/testi/testi_flexin_eng

Thanks in advance

Comments (4)

• oklouise
    5 years ago

sorry to be negative but can't see the advantage of a built in system when you have to drag the loooong hose from room to room i would rather have a standard vacuum cleaner and love my robot vacuum for a quick tidy

• siriuskey
    5 years ago

I agree that the Robot cleaners will be the way forward, simple to fix if there's any problems. I can only imagine that built in systems could throw up some complications that would be exy to fix, You can now walk in and say Google vacuum the floor please.!! cheers

• julie herbert
    5 years ago
    We had a ducted vacuum system and it was exhausting and frustrating dragging the long hose around then packing it up on completion, really dreaded having to drag it out to start all over again, we removed it and now have a shark power head stick vac and it’s the best thing ever, very light and powerful, picks up everything, goes from carpet to hard floors brilliantly vacuuming is now enjoyable and a breeze, would never go back to such hard work again, sorry to give negative information on ducted but maybe try before you buy.
  • mat home builder
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thanks for the comments- the systems i have highlighted solve the problem of the hose being needed to be taken anywhere- hose gets sucked up into pipe work when not in use. Having had ducted vacuum system for many years- it is much better than stick vacuums- near zero maintenance, but have the storage of hose issue in older style systems. I have a dyson cordless and use it all the time- trouble is the maintenance- removing all the tangled hairs in the head and emptying all the time. Don't need to do that with the ducted one.

Anybody have the hide-a-hose