Houzz Logo Print
watchedpoppy

URGENT HELP - Painting order

watchedpoppy
5 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm being given a snow job - painter put on the under coat and one top coat onto our old masonry and new plasterboard walls. He said he could not prep and patch any dents with a plasterboard joining compound before the undercoating as he needed room lights to show where the areas needed patching (I asked why he didn't just get some lights and he said it is better with the room lights to show how it will really look). At that stage the lights had not been installed.

Our builder filled the dents during the week with the joining compound and I did some more this afternoon.

The painter is returning tomorrow (Sunday and Monday) to supposedly sand, wash down and put two top coats onto the walls.

My concerns are:

1. will the top coats adhere properly to the joining compound or does he need to undercoat again?

2. given the damp air and cooler days, will the walls be totally dry by Tues morning when I have a floor sander coming?

Should I get the painter to paint AFTER the floor sanding or is it OK to forge ahead?

Comments (10)