Houzz Logo Print
asha_bibu

master bedroom blow out .

Asheeeee
3 years ago

Hi guys

I am totally depressed with my current situation and I don’t know what to do . I am currently building my house . And it’s in lock up stage . We are building our dream family home and we liked this particular plan and only change we made was increasing the master bedroom size and altering the layout . I had given the builder a picture ( build by them) including dimensions and I was quoted for reconfiguring the layout and dimensions to the picture that I provided.

Not until the frame stage we realised that the MB is very small and it was not what we had expected. The dimension what we gave them had 5* 5.4 m bedroom with a closet behind the wall. But our house had only 2.6*3.3 m in the master bedroom and was even difficult to have a double bed with 2 bedsides tables there.

We are totally disappointed and had gone through the contract and specifications. The contract clearly states “reconfigured the MB to the same dimension and layout provided by the client “. But it was never drafted in the plan . As we are building first time our understanding was 5*5.8m which was on the plan was the room size . But the builder had included the closet and bathroom together in that dimension.

We had asked them to rectify this and what solution can I have now ?
We are planning to knock the back wall to make it a bigger room but that will leave us with losing the WIR. I was quoted for that increase in size but as it was not drafted in the plans it wasn’t build. Now I lose my money , and WIR and peace of mind

I could not even sleep thinking about it. 😔

Comments (19)