Houzz Logo Print
ratbag79

Exterior facade and garden. Ideas and inspiration

Nic Lee
2 years ago

Hi all. Need some help turning this (soon to be) ex-rental into a home. Apologies for the angle of the front pic but the fence is in the way.

The tree thats hanging over the front fence is no longer there. My first thought is to paint the guttering red and the downpipes to match what they run down. The blue downpipe on the right is attached to a red pole that could be painted white to match the portico poles.

Would it be possible to put guttering on the portico because when the water runs off it digs holes in the ground. Otherwise I guess I'll put some paving down that side.

Thoughts on painting the cladding on the right, red to match the brick or leave it white?

Leave to roof as is or replace with colorbond (live in north QLD)

I have plans down the track to redo the front fence in a timber and colorbond combo, so no painting as yet.

The neighbours tree is going to meet a chainsaw (my side obviously) after i introduce myself, before it completely destroys the fence.

Does anyone have an idea of how to hide the mess they made of the render in the front garden? I was going to rip that garden out and have two rectangle beds spaced apart, parallel to the house.

Sort of like the shot below. Dimensions are approx 6m wide (front fence) 4.5m wide (side fence)

That white pipe on the left is just a temporary fix to get the aircon drain pipe away from the foundations. I'll fix that later.

The dead side of the property, I have no idea. It's about 2.2m wide.

I do like this as an idea.

Thanks everyone.

Comments (9)