Houzz Logo Print
webuser_181865940

Advice needed - Bathroom Feature Tile

Janine
last year

Hello there,
I have a little dilemma regarding feature tiles in the bathroom.
We’re doing light beige 45x45 tiles on the floor and up the walls to the ceiling. I’m using the Cascade Orient Green marble tile as the feature in the other 2 bathrooms on the vanity walls. This bathroom is downstairs, and used by the whole house and guests when they come.
I was originally thinking to do the entire wall (bottom drawing highlighted green) in feature tile. The door opening is on the right of the drawing and when the door is open, it will cover part of that feature.
But of course, it’s a massive cost and I’m trying to squeeze all I can out of my budget!
The lady at Beaumont Tiles suggested I do the feature around the window, which is the top pic-one wall highlighted green. This obviously will reduce the cost.
The other option, which I’m not sold on is to do the feature tile behind the vanity (floor to ceiling) and use the floor tile like the other walls for the balance of the wall.
What is my best option? My priority is for it to look aesthetically good, balanced and make this smaller size bathroom appear larger than it actually is.
Thank you for reading this far!

Comments (3)