Houzz Logo Print
webuser_685942807

Death by griege

Deb Deb
last year

Please help save me from death by griege. The tiles, walls, doors and skirts in this house are all greige and it's so dreary 😵‍💫 The tiles are in good condition so it probably isn't sensible to replace them - the paint job is due a refresh. Where would I even start trying to choose a colour? The tiles seem to have warmer tones than the paint. I've contemplated all white paint to brighten things up but will it still be just as bland? One of these shots has a white kitchen cupboard alongside. They're not bright white and are shiny also. There's no texture in this house 😳

Comments (4)

• bigreader
    last year

Tell us a bit more about your art, rug and furniture preferences. I’d consider matching the white to your kitchen cabinets (nothing worse than mismatched whites) which would create a peaceful base and then amp up the texture with furnishings (and the people).

• Deb Deb
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks for your reply. We mostly seem to like wood! I've attached a picture of a rug that seems to go with it all but not sure we love it, and some other unstyled things about the house we like.

• bigreader
    last year

Dulux Natural White would be a good base. Ditch the rug, it adds nothing to your eclectic pieces. Try a faded vintage Persian instead. Add some more artwork on canvas which will add texture and colour. Consider swapping out the leather chairs for fabric.

• Julie Herbert
    last year

Agree with bigreader, swapping the chairs for fabric would look beautiful with your table, textured rug, an irregular shaped pebble mirror above console , table, starting from the floor up add texture with furnishings and precious items, add gorgeous lamps to tie it all together.