Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9904601

Selling Your House Privately ?

User
last year

I 'sort of' sold my place privately recently , although the buyer sought me out , and I never had to advertise the place . Sounds easy , but it did my head in ( to be fair , the buyer absolutely went out of his way to try and wear me down -- unfortunately for him , I had three things in my favour -- I clicked that I had a unique property ; I didn't need to sell , even though I had bought a new place ; and I do business deals of $100k plus several times a year .

And to balance that , I have heard there are some pretty ruthless real estate agents out there too , who will use similar tactics -- bombard buyers and sellers with figures and 'offers' and slightly left of centre deals and try and wear people down , catch them out or exploit their vulnerabilities .

Has anyone else sold their place privately , how has it gone , any good stories , any bad stories , would you do it again ?

And I guess I should also ask , what are the main on-line platforms in Australia ? Here in New Zealand , the 2 main ones are Trade Me ( it's sort of our version of E-bay ) , and realestate.co.nz , which is owned by the real estate institute . I haven't looked into the running of either , but the real estate one I'd wonder how impartial they are if an agent misrepresents a property , and also their site seems geared more towards a lot of real estate agents getting leads and sales , rather than a 'true' private sales platform .

And in the interest of discussion , we ( and presumably Australia ) have companies like Netzone , which is essentially private sellers but a real estate agent steps in and does the final negotiation and paperwork -- again , I haven't looked too much into any of them , I just know they are there .

Discuss haha . . . . . . . . .

Comment (1)