Houzz Logo Print
webuser_369731669

wolf/SubZero vs Thermador appliances

Remodel Newbie
4 months ago

Hello all, seeking your guidance. We are debating between All Thermador kitchen appliances vs Wolf and Subzero. The difference is $20K
Is it truly worth spending that much extra for Wolf? Does it truly enhance the value of the home by that much. If so, will scrape thw bottom and manage, else will use that $20K elsewhere

TiA for your help!

Comments (9)

• cpartist
    4 months ago

Agree. Don't buy a suite. Buy the best for each individual item.

Remodel Newbie thanked cpartist
  • Remodel Newbie
    Original Author
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Super sounds advice. Thanks so much! Which is the brand you recommend for Oven and Microwave combo (assuming they need to be from the same vendor so they look good stacked)

• BPMBA
    4 months ago

Do they have to be stacked? That would not be my choice, but everyone's kitchen is different! We need A LOT more info about yours, including drawings, measurements, photos....

• malba2366
    4 months ago

Looks like Thermador has some new products which look to surpass sz/wolf. the 48 inch range with steam oven, availability of indiction fobs on duel fiel ranges. Also the upcoming 42 and 48 inch integrated french door fridges look great and are much better for paneling than the comparable sub zero products.

• theotherjaye
    4 months ago

We have had the Thermador double convection oven with steam for about a year and love it

• PRO
    Black and Milk | Interior Design | London
    4 months ago

If you are looking to max the value, go with the cheapest option. Have a look at Fulgor range. Its same quality/design a sub, but comes at a lower price

• Joseph Babcock
    4 months ago

Also check service availability in your area for each brand. If you are not selling immediately/ near term I also don’t think that any appliances would impact resale that much (in hcol areas a new owner may well replace everything in a remodel so it’s moot).

• PRO
    Fixtures Academy
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Hey Remodel Newbie,

With appliances and high end appliances in particular, you really want to focus on the support available to you AFTER THE SALE , I used to consult with many homeowners about their appliances and while I would recommend both for different situations, If everything else is equal, just because they had better service and support after the sale. Thermador was owned by a larger brand and going through the channels to get support was more of a pain than Sub Zero. With that being said, Thermador was still better than most.

Wolf / Sub Zero had a local rep that would go out and service and they were only servicing Wolf and Sub Zero appliances, that made it that much of a better experience.

As I understand it , that service is not necessarily available in all regions in the US, so you'd have to do some homework to make sure you have a local Wof and Sub Zero help that could get the job done.

Also, where is $20k difference coming from, maybe I can help. Thermador likes to "throw in" a couple items for "free" so if you buy a la carte, it doesn't make that much of a difference when you're mixing and matching.

Remodel Newbie thanked Fixtures Academy