Houzz Logo Print
webuser_413984060

Is this a cowboy radiator install?

DIY User
3 months ago

It cost £450 and I’m not happy with the work at all. They were supposed to take a feed off a bathroom radiator upstairs, drill through under the stairs ceiling, through the kitchen wall and out to the outhouse. The logical thing to do was take the feed and follow the wall, except the feed comes down at least 2 feet away from the wall just for that feed to go back to the wall under the stairs. Copper piping was promised throughout however at the end of the job he said he couldn’t do that under the stairs and ‘installed’ cheap, ugly, flimsy, poorly measured and ill braced piping where if someone has a fall or drops something it’s probably all going to get ripped out. I’ve never seen this diagonal piping before either, is there anything wrong with this? It’s obviously more short cuts though. Two of the copper pipes hang out of the wall in mid air for 8” then does a right angle for another 11” before the pipe is secured to the wall, and the next 2 wall/pipe brackets wont even close and are twisted, so no chance of putting on pipe covering. He’s also made a mess of some boarding where he’s mis-drilled several times. Should I be taking action against this? Please see the pictures below. Thanks.

Comments (9)