Houzz Logo Print
laurenelashknee

2012 couch mistake-help me get it right!

laurenelashknee
10 years ago
At the end of 2012 I made a large mistake--I bought really comfortable (or thought so at the time) cream upholstered couches (96 inch and 60 inch love seat). I've always dreamed of having white-ish couches, and knew they would look great in our living room. I was right! They did look nice and served a pretty contrast to two queen anne leather recliners. Both the couches and recliners have nailhead, which I am attracted to.

Problem: my husband and I now sit on the floor or in the recliners due to the couches giving us terrible neck and back pain. They are down couches with 4 large white pillows, to serve as "cushions" and then 5 large down throw pillows. We sink back so far and get no support.

I need to make this right. I have one more shot at a couch/love seat purchase before my husband divorces me! Here is what I'm looking for:

1) Both for under or around $4000
2) Slipcovered-we have a mobile sweet bundle of body excretions and drool.
3) Something that doesn't put us in a back/neck surgeons office prematurely. Need it to be supportive but not too tight or stiff. We enjoy napping and hanging out in the living room. Something comfy enough, but also supportive.
4) Love the way the one cushion couches look, but not sure I like what I've read re: wear and tear.
5) Finally, my style is slightly dressy or fussy. Therefore, I think the Pottery Barn comfort couches might be too frumpy. Not having to constantly fluff/redo the cushions and pillows would be nice.

For lack of any other available pictures, please excuse my baby (although cute!) and husband. I needed a picture that had my couch in it.

PS: I hate the rug, too!!! I got it thinking it was going to be a lot more neutral gray than pictured. Recommendations for a decent (and again, can't be expensive or the whole divorce thing..haha) rug that is more neutral. Thought Moroccan rug might be a fun contrast to the other formal aspects of the room. WRONG.

Comments (7)