Houzz Logo Print
avhouser

Cheap fixes for updating the Exterior of my house

Amber
10 years ago
My house is a 1901 standard build in a historic Victorian town. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it seems like the previous owner (who btw owned it for over 40 years) did everything VERY basic. I however like pops of color and would love to jazz things up, but at minimal cost. I am all about easy fixes, spray paint, re-purposing/reusing. While our siding is dull and yellow, it's in great shape. The spouting is ugly brown, but in even BETTER shape. Colors aside, I feel like the bottom of the house has a lot going on while the top is SO bland. I did add some pops of purple here and there and I painted our front door a teal/turquoise blue (though for some reason I can't find ANY pictures?!). The windows on the 1st floor are newer vinyl, but the windows upstairs are the originals with metal storm windows on the outside. I have a hundred ideas, but can't decide which to go with. We've been here a year and half and I STILL haven't made a move... So this spring, it's happening! What do you all think? I'm up for any new ideas, tips, etc. The picture of the purple window is something I found and fell in love with. I am a purple fanatic (which is why I already started going with purple accents) and it just so happens it looks pretty awesome as an accent to yellow! However I think my husband MIGHT kill me if I painted our house THAT color purple! ;)

Ps. if this looks a little familiar, it's because a friend of mine found this site last year and made a post for me, but i've went ahead and joined on my own now! :)

Comments (6)