Houzz Logo Print
kimheany11

Kitchen layout help needed

kimheany11
4 years ago

We've recently moved to land life after living on boats for 30 years, and haven't really any idea where to start with a new kitchen - "we don't even know what we don't know". I've attached photos of the existing kitchen and the measurements, showing where items are now. The fridge and microwave are new. I'll need a new cooktop (gas 60cm) & oven (60cm, probably wall oven). We don't particularly want a dishwasher but think we should put a cupboard in to accommodate one later. I want a good sized island, and like the idea of putting a drinks fridge in the end of the island (facing the wall the fridge is on). I quite like where the fridge is now, but I'm open to ideas. I'd like a small pantry, but am open to the idea that my island could be pretty big and I should end up with heaps of space to keep my pantry items close to where I'll use them. I wonder if there's enough space to put cooktop and sink (1.5 or double) in the same bench under the window? One kitchen designer suggested putting the oven & microwave on the far wall, on the other side of the window from the fridge, along with a pantry, with some cupboards under the windowsill (50cm high). I'm not sure I want my kitchen that large, but could be talked into it. The wall separating the kitchen and mudroom could be extended into the hallway if necessary. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments (12)