Houzz Logo Print
amyrose89

New Kitchen, or do up old... that is the question!

amyrose89
9 years ago
We are a young married couple, who have started out smallish. Our plan is to pay off our homeloan as much as we can as fast as we can... with the goal to find land and build our 'real' home in the next couple of years. Here is our current kitchen - 70's? I want to rip it out and replace... as low-cost as possible but as smart looking as poss... neutral colours. Partly because I do a lot of family and friend entertaining... and need a bit more room, and partly because we think it will help add value to the house when we come to sell.
Extending the bench more toward the sliding door, making it slightly wider and longer at the same time. Will fit more cupboard/drawer space underneath. Also would replace the overhead cupboards to not be so deep, but to have doors. Including replacing the floor (which is absolutely overdue). We have quotes, and estimate this to cost total of $7850 (includes floor of $1650)
BUT: We would LOVE your opinions, ideas and suggestions about this. Is it worth it? Or does anyone have any brilliant brainwaves for 'fixing' it up as is?
*MANY THANKS my friends, in advance!*

Comment (1)