Houzz Logo Print
thinkoutsidethebox

90cm upright stove-oven thoughts

Hi all,

We have moved into a house with a 90cm Glem dual-energy upright stove-oven cooker. This has been my first experience with the Glem brand. I'm loving the stovetop, but the oven is starting to drive me crazy. I've had a number of baking trials. I've even tried some old standby recipes baked with gas, then on other occasions baked with electricity. I'm finding it's not browning/crisping/cooking through as well as with the old on-it's-last-legs electric Chef oven at our previous house. Baking also seems to take much longer. During a service call, I asked the technician to check the oven temperature and his thermometer tool indicated the temperature was correct. Note: I am allowing plenty of pre-heating time.

I'm wondering whether I'll have to replace this cooker. If I do, then it will need to be with another 90cm upright as I don't want to redo cabinetry as well.

Does anyone else use a 90cm upright cooker? If so, which brand is it? I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on your cooker.

Many thanks.

Comments (6)