Houzz Logo Print
sweetalice0801

Dark joinery doors with wall colour walk in pantry

Alice Park
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi All,

I will have to choose colours for joinery doors for the selections appointment coming next month.

My preference is Antique style dark wooden furniture.

The flooring would be timber laminate throughout and other furniture colours are all dark - Dark brown couches, dining table, TV unit and cabinets.

The wall colour is very light ivory and white doors.

I wish my home would feel like warmer but not too dark.

However, I am experiencing dilemma here because of WIP colour!

I choose dark mocha colour for joinery doors in the kitchen and breakfast bar - EEGGER FINO MOCHA (http://www.nikpol.com.au/decorative-surfaces/egger/fino-mocha) with bright stone colour bench top (Laminex Kashmire Granite http://www.laminex.com.au/products.php#!/benchtops/laminex-laminates/kashmir-granite), but I realised that the WIP door colour is not guaranteed same as joinery door colour!

It will leave the same wall colour and door colour to WIP in the middle of dark mocha joinery doors in my kitchen.

I am not certain whether it would look okay, better or worse.

< My Kitchen design >

This picture above is exactly same design as my kitchen.

The WIP is at the corner of the kitchen - In the middle of other joinery doors.

Please ignore the colour of joinery doors in this picture, but see the WIP is just like wall and internal door colour.

< Option 1 >

I used Bunnings 3D Kitchen Planner to make this picture. So the colour and design are not the exactly same as my kitchen, but it would give you an idea.

I could not change the colour of breakfast bar in the program, so please imagine it would be the same as joinery door colour.

< Option 2 >

In case, I can get the same colour as joinery doors for WIP door.

Does it look any better than the option 1?

< Option 3 >

Or like this?

Personally, it looks terrible to me.

I know that white kitchen is popular and makes the house brighter and bigger.

I just prefer darker furniture regardless.

On the top of that, my kitchen + dining area + Family area are close to each other.

Please check the floor plan above.

My dining room is bit smaller than this (3.15 x 3.6) and we will have doors attached to each side of dining and family area (You can see the doors in the 3D planner).

So, my personal opinion is, if I have white kitchen with all dark furniture around, it would look awkward.

I am not really good at colour match or design, so it has been hard for me to make a decision. Please help me out to choose best option for myself.

Cheers

Alice

Comments (4)