Houzz Logo Print
renovationsnovice

looking for advice on my new house design layout

i am pretty happy with my plans but apart from two areas which i can't resolve.(north is the top of the page in both pics)

1. the upstairs bath design seems a little messy. I'd rather have one wider linen cupboard and the toilet and bath doors to line up (this is a shared bath for 3 children) but then you will be walking right by the entrance/exit to the shower as you walk in. i don't really want to have to resort to building a wet room to resolve this but might have too? bath measurements (inclu. toilet area) are 4.5 wide x 2.5 deep. We want a separate toilet.

2. my other issue is with the family room space, my husband insists he now wants a galley style kitchen (which i've sketched on top of the plans shown) and hates the study. i am happy to go galley style kitchen but think we will need to go to the boundary at the bottom of the page to accommodate the dining and island. also the fridge sticks out but he doesn't want to lose the pantry space and recess, (he is the chef so his choice) re. the study i didn't want a family room that was 8.5 meters wide (dictated by rooms above) and i like the idea of having sliding doors to close off from the family room but easily visible. i don't know what else to do with this space.

Currently it measures 6.5 x 10 meters - would be 8.5 x11.8 if we went to the boundary/knocked out the study.

Comments (14)