Houzz Logo Print
laviniafrancesca

New paint and carpet colour with internal sandstock bricks?

laviniafrancesca
7 years ago

I REALLY need help with paint and carpet colours. Any suggestions appreciated.

Current wall colour: Magnolia (hello 1990’s)

Trim: Stained timber

Carpet: Beige wool pile

Bricks: Austral Governor Sandstock Denison with flush off white mortar

Window trims: Colourbond Merino (now called Paperbark)

The house is double brick on the external walls with gyprock internal walls, so there are bricks in every room. There is lots of natural light, all bush views from the windows, and our style is classic/warm/antique. Think Persian rugs, dark timber furniture, reproduction fabric, bronze, crystal, leather. The ceiling height is 3.2m throughout, so whatever colour we pick for the walls, there is going to be a lot of it.

I am looking for something darker, less cream, more greige maybe. I love the colour of brown paper bags, maybe something like that but more grey. We need to blend in the grey but still keep it warm and match our existing furniture and style. Is there a colour that can do that for us? An old fashioned warm grey? I don't know! Things look different against the bricks. I really need some suggestions so I don't have to buy every sample pot there is. I have been looking at the too long to have an objection opinion.

Now carpet. The verandah out the front is being replaced with warm grey tile which we haven't picked yet (suggestions??), and out the back there is warm grey stencilled concrete. Any ideas on tiles, carpet and paint that would go well together and with the brick?

Thanks!!

PS: And curtains are going next, so if you have any ideas.....

Comments (16)