Houzz Logo Print
lwfromny

Need help with drawer pulls!

lwfromny
7 years ago

I am remodeling a 1930s home and need to select drawer pulls for the kitchen. I really love the Restoration Hardware Aubrey pull (first photo below). I love the character of it, that it looks classic but not expected. However I do not like the idea of having four holes drilled per pull. I'm concerned that someday when I'm ready to refresh the look of the kitchen and I want to change the pulls, I will have a problem because the likelihood I will find replacements pulls needing four holes is slim to none. So I've been hunting high and low for a very similar pull with the normal two holes. The problem is everything else I see has less "presence" on the plates - the end plates of everything else I'm seeing are punier. Also on the Aubrey I like 90(ish) degree curvature of the handle. The others I see have a much less squared off curve. I'm finding lots of stuff that looks like the second photo, which bores me to tears. Does anyone out there know of a polished nickel or polished chrome pull that looks very similar to Aubrey but with two holes? I know I'm being particular, but the devil is in the details :). Thanks!

Comments (22)