Houzz Logo Print
kvt123

Which window dressing for bay Crittal window?

kvt123
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I can't decide what sort of window dressing to suggest for this dining room. It is ground floor, 1930s style house, large bay with Crittal windows. The room is street facing so the main purpose would be privacy, day and night (mostly night when lights are on) But it is a lovely bright south facing room and I don't want to block out too much light.

Plantation shutters would solve all practical problems but I'm concerned it might be a clash of styles? Would all the horizontal lines just be too much with the existing panes? What do you think?

Second choice would be full length curtains, but this doesn't solve the daytime privacy problem, and when drawn the curtains would cover the only radiator in the room which would be an issue in the winter.

Next option would be some sort of blind, but What would you choose that would still work aesthetically?

The window is very large, dominates the room, and whichever option I go for will be expensive as will need to be made to measure, so want to get it right first time!

would welcome any thoughts, thanks.

Comments (21)