Houzz Logo Print
gardentime

Choosing the perfect blue paint for bathroom (Australian Colours)

gardentime
7 years ago
I'm having trouble finding the perfect blue for my bathroom. We have an old Queenslander that we are renovating, trying to keep it in that traditional, country sort of look. The look I'm going for will be black and white "octagon and dot" tiles, with white VJ panelling, wooden vanity and then a soft blue above the VJ panelling. I've been trying various blues, but they are too ice-cream parlours/baby boy nursery vibe. There are plenty of great recommendations from Benjamin Moore and Sherman Williams, but we don't have them in Aus. I tried their "recipes" out in Dulux paint, but they don't come out the same - usually a little greener than the original.

So far I've tried Resene oxygen (too candy blue) Resene dusted blue 1/2 (too dark and too grey), Dulux vanilla ice half and also quarter (too bright baby blue), Dulux grey Lynn half and quarter (too grey in this space, but great for my master and dining room). Would love recommendations for an easy to get Aussie paint. We are in QLD so can't get a lot of the flash ones the Sydney-spiders and Victorians can get. Thanks Houzz for inspiration pics that I've attached below. Aren't they awesome? !

Comments (15)