Houzz Logo Print
megsrichardson

help with house plans

MrsRicho
6 years ago

Hello, avid reader but first time poster here.
I just wanted some help/opinions on our house plans.

We are in the initial stages of planning an extension and renovation on our "beach shack". We are located on the South Coast of NSW approx 200m from the beach.
Our block backs onto national park/crown land so we have a lovely bush view and will not get built out. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young girls.
All new walls are in red - we have tried not to muck around too much with the original structure to keep costs down.

Some general concerns/questions I had about our plans are:
- the width of the hallway. I increased it to 1500 as I didnt want it to feel too "tunnel like" walking down to the new living space but I am unsure if thats too wide and the space would be better in the rumpus/laundry/bed 2.
- the length of the new addition. Is this space large enough to have circulation space between each zone (kitchen, dining, living). I also dont want it to feel like a box...
- the size of the main bathroom. we only want two toilets as we are on septic and tank water so have a separate loo - does this make the bathroom size too tight though?
- the rumpus/study space. Im not entirely happy with the way that is laid out. Theres a supporting beam located in the rumpus which cant be moved but i think can be hidden with cupboard storage.

Anyway, any feedback will be gladly appreciated. I am keen to spend a bit of time ensuring we get the right layout as we intend to be here for a long time.

Thanking you in advance!

Comments (26)