Houzz Logo Print
renata_sponton

Floor plan remodel advice

Ren Ren
6 years ago

Ok, so after doing the unbelievably stupid emotional buy thing, I'm in a bit of a quandry as to how to proceed. I wasnt going to advertise my stupidity, but i kinda figure best i look stupid now than regret later! I've trawled pages and pages and have a vision and plan in mind, however I've also overspent and now really need to do much of the work myself, which is not a problem as I used to run a carpentry business with my now extinct narcissistic ex who left me the legacy of being able to use power tools and undertake major projects, shame I didn't use the hammer drill on his sorry arse sooner ... (but that's another story) I have renovated my own homes previously before but the places have usually been on stumps and have had access under the house for moving stuff around. I've now been resigned to a unit due to the major loss I suffered on my last redevelopmet due to a dud agent advertising my need to sell quickly (if anyone has intentions of using YPA as an agent - Don't! I keep running into roadblocks as this place is on a slab and seems to have rising damp (it backs on to a lake reserve) and some rooof leakage, even though the neighbours swear the roof had just been done. My brother is a plumber, but there is only so much that can be done. It has a truss roof so knocking out walls is not a problem, and ironically the unit next door have pretty much done the same thing i want to do with the living areas, (pic below) however the toilet is in the bathroom and we were going to move it to the space where the built-in robes are between the bedrooms, however that would need a corridor which I don't want. The bathroom has a trough, however, the washing machine is on the other side so I'm assuming the previous owner ran the waste across the bathroom to the trough! i'm going to move the laundry to the kitchen, next to the back door and knock out the window to put in bifolds and the rest of the kitchen in L-shape to where the dinning is. The 2nd bedroom which is a bit smallish will extend to the master and the robe will go up against the bathroom wall. The master bedroom will extend out into the entry for a walk-in robe and I'll move the door to the glass panel beside it. I'm in the process of drawing the changes up on my app but seem to be spatially challenged with the Apple pencil. I'm trawling through pages for consultants for tips as I'm more than happy to pay for someone's expert opinion as I'm still in the crazy knocking out walls which is good for de-stressing. Tips much appreciated!

Current floor plan

Floor plan of unit next door

rough draft of projected floor plan

Comments (10)