Houzz Logo Print
zaffa

Flow of pattern in feature tile

zaffa
6 years ago
Hi there, after some issues (discovered onsite yesterday) with the size of our feature tile being 5mm smaller than our main body wall tile (hence grout lines not joining up around the room) we decided this morning to deliberately off centre the feature tiles. Happy with that choice. Had the layout planned in a separate room to get flow in the pattern of the tiles (middle 9 tiles in second pic). We had wasted the bottom 3 tiles that were cut yesterday before realising the 5mm discrepancy (tiles purchased at 60 x 60) and so had just enough tiles for the feature wall. Went to the house in the afternoon and the tiler laid the bottom left tile in the wrong orientation!!! Do you think it looks ok? I went to the tile shop but the only one they had in the showroom didn't 'match' I have asked them to try to source in their warehouse the same tile. I know this will be difficult as the tiles are boxed and who knows which box that tile will be in. The first picture is the completed feature wall which I absolutely love. The second photo is what I had planned. Notice the left corner in both pics. If I cant source a replacement tile, do you think it looks ok??? I'm sure I'll forget about it as I do love it but purely objective opinions are sought!!! Thanks

Comments (12)