Houzz Logo Print
katrinasan

What range hood to install into a flat roof in front of a window

Trin Hep
6 years ago

Hi there,

Unfortunately the new design of our kitchen only allows us to have our stove in front of a window. And... we have a flat roof, meaning that we can only duct through a very thin cavity of the roof to outside. We don't want to duct straight out through the roof due to potential sealing and leakage problems. So we intend to duct through the roof cavity with thin ducting, through to beneath the eve/soffit.

We're not keen on pendant or 'recycling' range hoods,

I still have a few questions which I can't seem to find the answer to.

1. Can anyone recommend a slimline rangehood that can be affixed to the ceiling, so as to not drop down too low in front of the window? I'm thinking dropping down approx 300mm in front of the window. We need all the engine/mechanisms to be on the kitchen side of the ceiling, hopefully concealed within itself.

2. I can't seem to find information on rangehoods and their engine/fan/mechanism. Are there rangehoods where the fan/engine/mechanisms are installed on the kitchen-side of the ceiling (as opposed to inside the roof cavity). Is there a particular type of rangehood I need to look for that does this? Or is it standard?

3. What strength extractor would we need if the stove top is going to be about 1100mm away?

4. If we have a 700mm induction stove-top (above an oven), sitting in a 600mm deep bench, would we be able to install a down-draft extractor fan behind the stove/oven - with all the wiring, cavity and mechanisms - to fit between the oven and the wall? Any recommendations of not too expensive options?

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me - it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Trin

Comments (4)