Houzz Logo Print
sueandave6

Hi everyone Choc Brown lounge again.

sueandave6
6 years ago

Hi Needing some urgent help, New lounge arrived Yesterday, Choc brown leather, I bought it to compliment choc brown dining room chairs, & kitchen bar stools, It now feels like it is the only thing in the room. We luckily live with lots of green outside and some ocean views from this room.

I have a beach picture with white frame on the wall above the couch, we also have light wooden furniture, entertainment unit dining room table and buffet and coffee table, all matching, it is an area that you see the kitchen, dining, etc, a family room. I normal get a lot of compliments on my decor, but I feel this last purchase of this choc lounge has ruined my scope. We are having overseas guests in a couple of weeks, and I feel the rooms looks dull & uninviting. I have tried the orange look, Photos shown I don't like it, I am thinking of the blues tropical's but really do not know where to start! Rug plain or patterned? should cushions be plain if a patterned rug? a throw? or repaint a wall, Walls are quarter strength Hog Bristle, floor large tiles a slighter lighter colour than the walls. Kitchen cupboards same as floor, with a brown stone top. Has anyone any ideas feel overwhelmed. I am not keen on the orange look. borrowed.

Comments (68)