Houzz Logo Print
tracey_gibson63

Complete newbie! Kitchen Reno help

Tracey Gibson
6 years ago
*Looking for advice* Hello! First time poster and first time renovator! I am new to Houzz and really enjoying the forums so far! I am hopefully after some advice for a kitchen Reno. I bought an older house 6 months ago and plan to completely change the kitchen (see pic 1&2). I have had engineer approval to knock down all the internal wall bits (putting beam in roof) to make it open plan. Wanting to achieve something similar to pic 3. I plan to leave the sink along the same back wall (with window) though so we don’t need to move plumbing as this isn’t my ‘forever home’ so trying to keep costs down. Cabinet maker has drafted up basic plans (pic 4- yellow highlighter is walls being removed) however he suggests stovetop needs to go in island bench due to space? Any feedback on the plans? What would you do differently? How obvious are joins in stone bench tops? Should I shorten instead? We will also have an awkward space at the end of the bench due to bay window, I’m thinking open angled shelves here at the end of the bench? Any other tips and advice for kitchen Reno’s would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (27)