Houzz Logo Print
rafaeldonadio

Looking for more Kitchen Space. Help Needed - Melbourne AU

James
6 years ago

Hi there,

I bought a house recently and I noticed the current kitchen lacks (a lot) storage.

I thought I could renovate the bathroom with a better layout, but keeping the laundry and create a recess to accomodate the pantry or the built in appliances (an oven and microwave oven).

These are the current kitchen and bathroom measurements: Please note the kitchen door does not not exist, this is a old floor plan

My proposal is to gain some storage area (the blue shaded area) and re-organize completely the bathroom layout - more details below.

I came up with this idea:

Move the bathroom door to a new location, replace the swing door for a sliding door.

Laundry ticks all my boxes, I can't fit my two big machines and a bench big enough for a sink + some sort of working area. There is now a dead corner in the laundry area but I can use as storage.

Top view (sorry for simple drawing)

Please share your thoughts, this is the first time I do that and maybe I am overlooking something important - I don't want to upset the Architecture Gods :). In case there is an Architect from Melbourne I'm keen to discuss.

I can also upload more photos - Thanks in advance!

Comments (26)