Houzz Logo Print
mwsanders

New kitchen- colour dilemma

Marion
6 years ago
I am all at sea in what to do in relation to colours for our new kitchen. My only definite idea is I don't want a white kitchen. I'm sort of interested in achieving something which matches the outdoor forest. I've attached photos of the existing kitchen,(cramped horrible revolting with no redeeming features,) and also a rough handwritten plan for what we would like to do. Simply we are taking down the furtherest wall from the stairs and putting in a 3m by 1.20m kitchen island. This will be the focal point with space to eat and entertain. There will be a large walk in pantry to hide everything with more storage than I know what to do with. Fridge cook top oven will be along the wall between island and pantry. This will open up the whole space to take in all the windows which surround the whole area. So my dilemma is: should I do the new floor (kitchen to living area) in tiles or timber? I had wanted to do polished concrete but this was a budget killer as the slab is not the best. We have two sections of pine ceiling. We are replacing the section between the massive timber beams with plaster to delineate the kitchen. There are so many different shades of timber in the roof, beams and staircase that I don't know whether timber floors would be too much and instead go with tiles. There are no overhead cabinets, but instead drawers along all the bench top areas. I am open to any and all suggestions (please excuse the mess)

Comments (4)