Houzz Logo Print
talitha_troost

After advice on kitchen sink and patio.

Talitha Troost
6 years ago

Hi, we have planned our home, and want to get everything right, though I am not sure we can still make big changes. We have been advised not to. But we do want to get this right.

We have drawn up the kitchen with the sink in the pantry for a number of reasons, the main being that we would then hide the mess and dishes that tend to pile up in the pantry rather than being visible from the bench, this does however mean that you have the sink further away from the stove and not in view of the T.V or living/dining area. We are planning on having the kettle near the sink, and the fridge is behind the sink. However I am wondering if we need to have a second sink in the main area. We have a glass feature splashback going in behind the stove and are looking at rugged concrete on the benchtops. We don't know that we see a point to having a two sinks so close to each other, seems like it is only a little extra to walk.

I also wanted to put a window seat in the living room window but I think on reflection that with the alfreso being under the same roofline it will make a window seat too dark, and I can't find many pictures of dark window seats, so I am thinking I may need to give up the idea, as part of the window seat idea was sitting in the sun reading or eating breakfast. We probably can't change the roofline at this point in time.

Thanks for any advise and help.

Comments (28)