Houzz Logo Print
anna_finnane

Last minute bathroom tile changes - panic time!

Anna Finnane
5 years ago

Hi all,

After thinking we had finalised everything, we were informed the terrazzo I had chosen for the ensuite had been discontinued due to problems with it powdering. This meant going back to look at tile options, and in that process I discovered we had made what now feels like rather odd choices in all three bathrooms (main bath, ensuite, and guest ensuite). So, I am now revising all three, and have ended up completely overwhelmed, so I am very keen to get any advice.

Ensuite 1

I am still planning to go light grey terrazzo in Ensuite 1, but really unsure about whether to go floor only (with a plainer light grey or white on walls), floor and back wall (behind toilet, vanity and shower) with white or light grey the other three walls, or terrazzo everywhere?! This was the image I fell in love with originally....

Modern extension Inner city · More Info

Ensuite 2

we had specified same terrazzo floor as Ensuite 1, but with white vertical subway tile (which is a bit strange to me, I don't even remember making that choice?!)

Bathroom (kids)

we had specified a very dark tile all over, which I was a bit shocked to see when I saw a whole slab of it in the showroom. This stemmed from the kids loving a friend's new bathroom, but I am not sure if it is just going to feel too dark when it's a small room.

I would very much appreciate any tips/advice. I really need to make final decisions as soon as possible, as the frame is now up! :o

Comments (9)