Houzz Logo Print
roseli

Help to plan a nice outdoor space with hammocks

Lila
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

Here I am hoping to borrow your brains on a little outdoor project. I am hopeless on planning/visualising things and would hate to spend money doing something I would later regret.

This community have helped me so many times and even prevented me from making a big mistake with my outdoor kitchen :) so I am hopeful your suggestions will save me again

I have 3 beautiful handmade hammocks (presents from our families back in Brazil) but never used them because we don't have where to hang.

We built a house over a year ago and you would think we would have a space for them, yeah? but nope. The builder didnt feel confident we could hang them on the walls of our alfresco so we ended up not doing anything.

Now I am thinking, we have a big backyard and plenty of space where we could install some 'wooden' ? polls and have our hammocks hang.

But where? I have attached a few photos of my area and perhaps you could suggest a little cozy space where we could put these polls and maybe a firepit? Somewhere we could make a nice area to get together?

What are your thoughts? Where would you put them? What would you do if this was your house? As you can see, I have a stand alone hammock in my alfresco but I am sick of having to move it in and out (so it doesn't catch rain).

Thanking you in advance

Comments (13)